No man pages by default

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Feb 19 06:50:13 UTC 2019

Hi,
We use Tcl/Tk on FreeBSD for a lot of work things (running radar systems) and one annoying bug bear is the lack of man pages by default.

The commit to disable them (https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=229081) doesn't say why so I was wondering if anyone knew, and if there would be any objections to changing the default?

We would very much like to transition to using FreeBSD default packages wherever possible and this would be very helpful.

I did have a look in bugzilla but I couldn't find anything (apart from a few name conflicts which were fixed with some man page renames).

Any information / feedback much appreciated.

Thanks.

are so many of them to choose from."
 -- Andrew Tanenbaum