bsdinstall ZFS and MBR not working

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 23 18:04:39 UTC 2014

Hi Kai,

I had a similar problem on my H87M-E motherboard in combination with a ZFS
bootable harddisk.

Eventually I found the following solution. When the installation was complete,
you get the option to launch a shell to do some 'final fixes'. I had to do
the following:

    gpart set -a active ada0

...after that, rebooting would properly boot FreeBSD 10.

Hope it helps!

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across