bsdinstall ZFS and MBR not working

Kai Kockro k.kockro at myphotobook.de
Wed Apr 23 12:21:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

i wanted to install 10-RELEASE on my Lenovo T420s ( Samsung 840 Pro SSD
inside ). After using ZFS installer ( force 4k on, MBR partition because
GPT bug in Lenovo Bios ), i get "Missing operating system". If i boot
bsdinstall again and looking with zpool import, my root pool ist gone
away, only bootpool apears in the list. The partition list also changed
... i dont understand this.

If i use UFS and MBR, all is fine. FreeBSD is booting.

I tried manually the old style from FreeBSD Wiki ( ZFS on ROOT ), but
not working, too. What can i do?

Best,
Kai

--
Kai Kockro
Leitung Operations

myphotobook gmbh
Oranienstrasse 183
10999 Berlin

Tel.:+49 (0)30 616 508 100
Fax: +49 (0)30 616 508 200

Geschäftsführer: Vanessa Dill, Martin Lux
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 94377