bin/167527: bsdinstall(8) fails with " Error while extracting base.txz: failed to sec access acl"

Thorsten Schlich thorsten.schlich at wetteronline.de
Thu May 3 08:40:14 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR bin/167527; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thorsten Schlich <thorsten.schlich at wetteronline.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Cc: thorsten.schlich at wetteronline.de
Subject: Re: bin/167527: bsdinstall(8) fails with &quot;Error while extracting
 base.txz: failed to sec access acl&quot;
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 10:37:25 +0200

 Hi,

 i have a typo in the Release that is used. It should be
 FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE #5 instead of FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-p5.

 With further investigation i've seen the ACL flag for the build
 partition is activated. In this partition are the whole build
 directories. I think this could be the cause for my failure.

 Thorsten