bin/164281: bsdinstall(8): please allow sysinstall as installer option

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Fri Feb 3 22:30:21 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR bin/164281; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: CeDeROM <cederom at tlen.pl>
To: Devin Teske <devin.teske at fisglobal.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: bin/164281: bsdinstall(8): please allow sysinstall as installer option
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 23:29:42 +0100

 Thank you Devin! I finally made it with bsdinstall and manual target
 partition format before install, I can see the advantages of new
 method right now when I have all programs running from the disk...
 However new boot method presented with Druid is also great and it is
 going to be very very nice utility when connected together (also
 sysinstall having option to setup i386 and both amd64 is very nice,
 just as the boot time utilities). Once again thank you and good luck
 with your work! :-)

 Best regards,
 Tomek

 ps/2: Boot menu can have old shortcut keys S(ingle) and V(erbose)
 while numbers can still toggle boot options that are applied after
 Enter is pressed :-)