CURRENT: CLANG 3.3 and -stad=c++11 and -stdlib=libc++: isnan()/isninf() oddity

David Chisnall theraven at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 13 10:13:24 UTC 2013

On 12 Jul 2013, at 22:47, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Obviously not really fixed, but even worse:
>
> if I use in C code (C99, using clang 3.3 on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64
> revision 253287) isnan(x) where x is a "const double", I receive now
> the following error (which doesn't appear on previous versions):

Thanks.  This is now fixed, however the _Generic() usage that we had there is also present in tgmath.h, and so this file will also need to be fixed in the same way.

I've now tested the macros with clang/c99, clang/c11, clang/c++98 and clang/c++11, and gcc/c89 and they all seem to work for unqualified, const, volatile, and const-volatile qualified types.

I've added Ed to the cc: list, as he wrote this code in tgmath.h.

David