Support for C99 cexpf?

John Lindgren john.lindgren at tds.net
Fri Oct 14 20:41:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am the project lead of Audacious (the music player).  Though not
normally a FreeBSD user, I recently tried to compile Audacious on
FreeBSD 8.2 and was surprised to see that you do not have the C99 cexpf
function in your C library.  This will make it impossible to use the
upcoming Audacious 3.1 on FreeBSD, as our current FFT implementation
relies on the complex exponential.  A web search for "audacious freebsd"
shows that there are at least some FreeBSD users who also use
Audacious.  I would be sorry to see them unable to use the new version.

-- John Lindgren