_POSIX_CLOCK_SELECTION

Oliver Heesakkers freebsd at heesakkers.info
Sat Nov 12 19:03:40 UTC 2011

After submitting a little patch for VLC I found out that the upcoming 1.2
release will use, or rather require, _POSIX_CLOCK_SELECTION to be defined > 1.

>From what little that I understand from C, the fact that
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h declares _POSIX_CLOCK_SELECTION to be -1 means that
it has not been implemented. Am I correct?

At least it means VLC 1.2 will (currently) fail to build:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=src/posix/thread.c;h=8e94ead26537eb398c3555288877eb0d2d70e28d;hb=HEAD#l460

Am I correct in concluding that FreeBSD is late in implementing
_POSIX_CLOCK_SELECTION (required since 2008), or is there another other way,
that I'm currently not seeing, to satisfy VLC 1.2 in it's requirement?