standards/154233: moderators are unprofessional and do not allow questions

jack support at achievehd.com
Sun Jan 23 04:10:10 UTC 2011

>Number:         154233
>Category:       standards
>Synopsis:       moderators are unprofessional and do not allow questions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
i remember coming here years ago, it was the same moderator and the same problem. I forgot I had been here before, because it had been so many years since I had even bothered to come back. I regret coming back. he said he refused to allow me to post or ask any questions. I have since gone to another forum which is more helpful.

in short, your moderators (or maybe just one of them) is keeping your OS from being used by many people! I am a developer myself and may even have been useful to help developing, but at this point I think I am not going to use freebsd, and I am CERTAINLY not going to donate. Not after this.

My point is that with better support i (and many others I am sure) would be VERY GLAD to help develop and to donate money toward the project!

You need to do something about your moderators! They are killing this project!
I think I will donate to other projects not related to freebsd, just in spite of the way I have been treated. I do not deserve this. Neither does [what I am sure to be MANY] other people who come here and have the same problem because of the AWFUL moderator[s]!
>How-To-Repeat:
try to post on freebsd forums. mention pcbsd and get cursed out.
>Fix:
1) MURDER, DECAPITATE, AND DISMEMBER THE MODERATORS, THEN BURN THE PIECES LEFT OF THEM. (or just get rid of them from the forums.)
2) Allow people to ask a question in the forums.
3) If you are concerned about spam, block certain words in the administrative panel. Get CAPTCHA for new users up to maybe 10 posts. Moderate people but do not BAN EVERYONE THAT COMES HERE.
4) Get professional moderators, or don't get moderators at all and instead just moderate electronically. They are hurting the development of what I have read to be the best OS for security, stability, and speed.
5) Finally be able to raise more money for the project now that the DESPICABLE MODERATOR[S] is/are gone.