Support for C99 complex type required

David Schultz das at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon Feb 7 20:30:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011, Rainer Hurling wrote:
> With the new development version of R
>
>   ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/R-devel.tar.gz
>
> the configure script stops complaining about missing C99 complex types.
> This is reproducable with only untaring the sources and starting
> configure script in R-devel with ./configure.

The 'complex' type and rudimentary operations on complex numbers
are supported, but the math library is missing all of the
transcendental functions on complex numbers.  There is some
ongoing work in the area, but due to time constraints, it will
likely be a while before we have complete support.  In the mean
time, you can see /usr/include/complex.h for a list of supported
functions.  I recall someone mentioning that there is a port that
provides most of the missing functionality.