bin/148201: sysinstall(8): core dump (Error 10) while trying to install packages via sysinstall

gavin at FreeBSD.org gavin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 13 13:45:04 UTC 2010

Old Synopsis: core dump (Error 10) while trying to install packages via sysinstall
New Synopsis: sysinstall(8): core dump (Error 10) while trying to install packages via sysinstall

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-standards->freebsd-sysinstall
Responsible-Changed-By: gavin
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Jul 13 13:41:27 UTC 2010
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Over to maintainer(s).

To submitter: We will need more information from you before we can start to
diagnose this.

Firstly, could you please show the exact error message?

If the error includes "(core dumped)", is there any chance you would be
willing to do some further debugging?  You should find a file called
"sysinstall.core" somewhere - can you run
"gdb /usr/sbin/sysinstall sysinstall.core"
and once inside gdb, give the "trace" command and show us the results?