Boost.Math svn/branches/release regressions flagged

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Jul 6 14:06:00 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

Just doing a Boost regression run... Any ideas? 4 fails, in computing
float distance, over type double, with a large exponent.

Details here:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/output/bms-freebsd-gcc-boost-bin-v2-libs-math-test-test_next-test-gcc-4-2-1-debug.html

is linked off:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/math.html
See test_next link in left column of math.html, for affected code.

All other failures in Boost.Math, including this one, are down to
lacking gmpfrxx, or lacking long double support in FreeBSD:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/output/bms-freebsd-gcc-boost-bin-v2-libs-math-test-test_tr1_long_double-test-gcc-4-2-1-debug-build-no.html

This is not a prerequisite in the Boost port, and we don't package
gmpfrxx anywhere, so the concept checks fail.

cheers,
BMS

P.S. Boost has a fairly rich exposure to the platform, perhaps we can
get FreeBSD project resources for some occasional test coverage?

P.P.S The IPv6 multicast failures in Boost.ASIO are due to the test
machine having no v6 addresses other than ::1 (and no candidate default
route). That's the module I'm most concerned with right at this moment.