standards/122051: Add posix_spawn(3)

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Tue Mar 25 05:40:03 PDT 2008

The following reply was made to PR standards/122051; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
To: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com>, FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org,
	freebsd-standards at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: standards/122051: Add posix_spawn(3)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:33:06 +0100

 --Wlbg71WMOPzcvmIn

 * Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
 > > > This patch still misses a manual page.
 > > FreeBSD has an permit to use the verbatim POSIX specification in its
 > > manual pages, with proper attribution.
 > > See the /usr/share/examples/mdoc/POSIX-copyright
 >=20
 > I'll take a look at it soon. I will probably store a final diff
 > somewhere online, because the manual pages will make the diff too big to
 > post it in the PR.

 As I was pointed out, Gnats probably eat big patches, but because it
 will do strange things with MIME, I've stored the patch online:

 	http://g-rave.nl/unix/freebsd/freebsd-posix_spawn.diff

 It includes more fixes to be POSIX compliant (default values, etc). I've
 also added manual pages for all functions that are present in the header
 file.

 --=20
  Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
  WWW: http://g-rave.nl/