conf/126974: How to enable remote login on my DNS server running on freeBSD

gavin at FreeBSD.org gavin at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 30 14:23:22 UTC 2008

Synopsis: How to enable remote login on my DNS server running on freeBSD

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: gavin
State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 30 14:19:40 UTC 2008
State-Changed-Why:
To submitter: add the following line to /etc/rc.conf:

sshd_enable="YES"

and run "/etc/rc.d/sshd start".  You then should be able to ssh
into the machine remotely, as a non-root user.

In future, please ask questions such as this on the
freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org mailing list.  The PR system is for
reporting bugs in FreeBSD, not for general help.  Thanks!

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-standards->gavin
Responsible-Changed-By: gavin
Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Aug 30 14:19:40 UTC 2008
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Take