standards/122051: Add posix_spawn(3)

David Xu davidxu at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 17 07:00:10 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR standards/122051; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Xu <davidxu at freebsd.org>
To: Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: standards/122051: Add posix_spawn(3)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:59:12 +0800

 Ed Schouten wrote:
 > * Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
 >> The OpenSolaris code seems to use errno.
 >
 > It's still early in the morning here. OpenSolaris seems to return the
 > error numbers. I'll update the patch this evening. Thanks!

 Also, the manual pages should remove word "shall" or replace it with
 something, because we either implement the features or not.

 Also, in the following code :
 + case FAE_CLOSE:
 +		/* Perform a close() */
 +		if (_close(fae->fae_fildes) != 0)
 +			_exit(127);
 +		break;

 I think the it should only check errno EBADF, other error
 codes are not failure cases, the file handle is always freed.

 Regards,
 David Xu