Import of the cflow utility to conform to POSIX

mva at sysfault.org mva at sysfault.org
Fri May 26 14:07:30 PDT 2006

Garrett Wollman <wollman at csail.mit.edu>:

> <<On Fri, 26 May 2006 10:27:21 +0200, Marcus von Appen <mva at sysfault.org>
> said:
>
> > I wonder, if someone is working on that task to create a POSIX compliant
> > cflow utility[0] on basis of the cflow implementation in the ports. If
> > not, I would like to take over that task (as I am working on it
> > devel/cflow anyways at the moment).
>
> I don't see any reason why it would need to be in the base system.

It came up my mind, when I did some research on the various cflow
implementations available in the internet. After deciding to do some work on
it, I came up with the idea to make this an addition to the base system.

As the POSIX standard expects cflow in a POSIX conformous environment, it might
be a good thing to add anyways. It also does not add much overhead to it; the
currently available implementations consume around 20kb of space ;-).

Regards
Marcus