bin/84106: inet_pton(AF_INET6, ....) seems too permissive

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 27 16:53:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

> Please try it, and let me know the result.

Mikhail> Hajimu! Thank you very much for the prompt reaction.

Mikhail> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=84106

Mikhail> I attached the simple program to this bug report. It is harder for me to test
Mikhail> your fix, as I'll need to rebuild -lc first :-)

Of course, I did test it by myself before committing it. :-)

Mikhail> Please, consider propagating this into 6.0 quickly, so that the fix is in the
Mikhail> first release. Thanks!

I have a plan to do MFC to RELENG_6, RELENG_5 and RELENG_4 to be in
time for 6.0-RELEASE.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/