POSIX compliance of file command

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Mon Sep 13 13:29:07 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:07:57AM +0530, Kamal R. Prasad wrote:
# Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
#
# >On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 10:03:22PM +0530, Kamal R. Prasad wrote:
# ># Hello,
# >#
# ># Is there any info available on compliance of file command with ref to
# ># IEEE POSIX 1003.1?
# >
# >Yes, http://people.freebsd.org/~schweikh/posix-utilities.html
# >
# >
# >
# It looks like you haven't implemented IEEE 1003.1 features(-d, -M...). I
# did them for AIX and don't mind doing the same for Freebsd. If you can
# tell me how we go about integrating my fix etc.. that would be great. Im
# a newbie to Freebsd contributions.

Note that our file(1) is contrib code, so it would be wise to first
contact the original author and maybe get your enhancements integrated
at the true source. If that does not work, just put the patches in a PR
and use send-pr, category standards. And please, no AIX copyrighted
material (unless its BSD licensed), we don't want to suffer an SCO-like
attack :-)

Regards,

	Jens
--