/bin/test asdf -ge 0

James William Pye flaw at rhid.com
Wed Sep 8 07:46:46 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 11:45, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> I agree.  I believe that an interpretation request would receive the
> "the standard is silent and no conformance distinction can be made"
> (and therefore FreeBSD's implementation is not incorrect). It's
> instructive to contrast the description of expr(1), where the standard
> makes it very clear what constitutes a number.

I think that you are likely to be correct here. Perhaps I will send a
clarification request noting the constrast you mentioned between test(1)
and expr(1) to the OpenGroup list Harti referred to. I think I will also
mention arithmetic expansion, as I think the issue exists there as well.

--
Regards,
        James William Pye