ps command

Kamal R. Prasad kamalp at kprasad.org
Thu Oct 14 09:24:39 PDT 2004

Hello,

I see that ps command needs a few additions to be compliant with IEEE
1003.1-2001 POSIX std. Pl. confirm if I can provide a patch that
contains the following stuff:-

-A, -e  : write information about all processes
-d : write information about all processes except session leaders
-f : shows command line options , change this to show the fields
UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
-l: add the fields F, S
-g  grouplist : Write information for processes whose session leaders
are given in grouplist. The application shall ensure that the grouplist
is a single argument in the form of a <blank> or comma-separated list.
-G  grouplist : Write information for processes whose real group ID
numbers are given in grouplist. The application shall ensure that the
grouplist is a single argument in the form of a <blank> or
comma-separated list.

Id appreciate info on who to send the patch to.

thanks
-kamal