ps enhencements (posix syntax, and more)

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Apr 20 10:59:01 PDT 2004

At 10:21 AM +0200 4/20/04, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
>I've finished to cleanup my code and to merge recent changes
>made by Garance. I've get rid of my -X feature for now, and
>replaced it with -q (posix mode) and -Q (sunos/tru64 compat
>mode, aka the return of -g which means -a w/o process group
>leaders, and sizes displayed in KGM format).
>
>A detailled description of what I've made may be found here :
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/65803
>
>some enhancements requires a provided kernel path (cursig,
>systime, umask and usertime keywords).
>
>Of course, I don't expect all of my changes be accepted as-is,
>however, I hope we will talk about what could be accepted or not,
>but, please, don't reject all the code for any bad reason and
>don't be too close.

Ugh.  There is a lot in your update.  Some of it I like, some of
it conflicts with other changes I'm already working on, some of it
I do not like, and some of it I have not figured out what I think
about it yet.  (I only made a quick look through your PR)

>the next step would have to merge NetBSD/OpenBSD full dynamic
>sizing of fields (to get rid of our current static sizing of most
>of the fields) as well as to integrate the NetBSD -k keyword.

Yeah, I wanted to do more with dynamic sizing, but I have not
spent any time on it yet.  I have been looking at -k, but I
wasn't sure how much it would increase the size of `ps'.

I am not sure when I will have time to look at all that you have
done, but I will look through your changes before doing any more
major commits to `ps'.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu