regression testing

Andrew R. Reiter arr at watson.org
Tue Oct 21 10:13:20 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I've spoken with a couple people recently about increasing the number of
regression tests we have for various kernel subsystems.  Wes Peters
suggested I email this list to ask about regression test packages that are
"sold" by various standards organizations to test the implementations.  I
believe the one mentioned was a POSIX syscall tester.  My question is
essentially (though I understand I may not get clear answer or a complet
answer), in the standards that we've implemented, which of these have
regression test packages that are available... either commercially or for
free?

I am just hoping that some people have the answer as opposed to doing some
more research to find this out.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Andrew