time_t on sparc64

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Oct 14 10:51:34 PDT 2003

At 10:39 AM +0200 10/14/03, Harti Brandt wrote:
>  I guess we have to do this work before 2038, don't we? If
>  we don't do it before 5.2 we have to stick with this until
>  6.0. Correct?

While the project has been taking a mighty long time to get
to "5.x-stable", I do think we should make it to "6.x-stable"
before 2038...

I do wish we could go for 64-bit times.  However, I do not
agree that we can just keep tossing in major API changes
to the 5.x branch.  We will never get to 5.x-stable if we
constantly add major API changes to the 5.x branch.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu