GNU extensions on FreeBSD 5.x headers

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 4 01:38:23 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:03:38PM -0400, Mike Barcroft wrote:

> I think those of us who've played with alternative compilers are aware
> of this requirement.  I'm not sure there's anything we can do about
> it.  If anyone has any tricks to force 128-bit alignment without a
> 128-bit type in standard C, I'd love to hear it.

Not in standard C (since it doesn't allow you to express alignment and
padding requirements), but in C-as-she-is-spoke why not insert the
necessary padding explicitly?

Tony.
FORTIES CROMARTY: SOUTHEASTERLY VEERING SOUTHWESTERLY 4 OR 5. RAIN OR THUNDERY
SHOWERS. MODERATE WITH FOG PATCHES, BECOMING GOOD LATER.