/bin/sh and 32-bit arithmetics [CORRECTED]

Alex Semenyaka alexs at ratmir.ru
Sat Apr 19 19:44:42 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 08:50:29PM -0500, Juli Mallett wrote:
> might be for building i386 with 64-bit long (ha ha ha), and that

By the way, it is not the option. First, as you can see, bacause of fixed
size buffer. Second, there is a special hack (which I do not like and thus
I've fixed it) in the original code when the value of the expression is
passed as a returning value of yyparse(), which is int. Thus this hack 1)
limits us to the type 'int' and 2) breaks the yyparse() semantics (yyparse
should return YYACCEPT or YYABORT).

Therefore it is not enough just to trbuild /bin/sh with different compilations
options, some changes still should be done.

Did I get it right that it is necessary to
1) fix '%qd'
2) fix C++-style comments
3) (possible) use explicit 64-bit type?

								SY, Alex