qlnxe driver not in 13.0 arm64

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Tue Mar 30 18:31:48 UTC 2021

Daniel Morante via freebsd-stable wrote this message on Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 03:23 -0400:
> I installed 13.0-RC3 ARM64 from the DVD ISO image
> (FreeBSD-13.0-BETA4-arm64-aarch64-dvd1.iso
> <http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/FreeBSD-13.0-BETA4-arm64-aarch64-dvd1.iso>).
> There is no "if_qlnxe" kernel model present on the install media, or on
> the system after installing.
>
> Next I try to build a custom kernel. I add "device qlnxe" to the
> configuration file as instructed in
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=qlnxe&manpath=FreeBSD+13.0-current.
>

> Running "make buildkernel KERNCONF=THUNDERX2" results in:
>
> config: Error: device "qlnxe" is unknown
>
> Is this module not available for ARM64 architecture?

Correct, this is only available for amd64.

HPS might have some more insight as to why it's amd64 only.

I have cc'd him.

It could be as simple as moving the qlnxe lines from files.amd64 to files,
but it does appear that qnlxe depends upon the Linux compat layer, which
may not be complete for arm64..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579