Vinum deprecation for FreeBSD 14 - are there any remaining Vinum users?

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 26 14:23:25 UTC 2021

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 15:09, Chris <bsd-lists at bsdforge.com> wrote:

> I can only state that I use it only occasionally, and that when I do. I
> have had no problems with it. I'm glad that it's there when I need it.

Thanks for the reply. Can you comment on your use cases - in
particular, did you use mirror, stripe, or raid5? If the first two
then gmirror, gconcat, gstripe, and/or graid are suitable
replacements.

I'm not looking to deprecate it just because it's old, but because of
a mismatch between user and developer expectations about its
stability.