Second pool not mounted automaticly on 13.0-RC2

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 19:18:20 UTC 2021

On Sat., Mar. 13, 2021, 8:44 a.m. Johan Hendriks, <joh.hendriks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13/03/2021 17:09, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> > Hello all, i just upgrade my test server from 12.1 to 13.0-RC2. This
> > is a baremetal server.
> > It has two ssd's on ada0 and ada1 using zfs. Also there is a 6 disk
> > pool named storage.
> >
> > After the update the storage pool is not imported any more. I have
> > updated the pool, thinking it was necessary, but the result is the
> > same, after a reboot the storage pool is not imported.
> >
> > root at test-server:~ # zpool list
> > NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP DEDUP
> > HEALTH  ALTROOT
> > zroot   107G  1.60G   105G        -         -     0%     1% 1.00x
> > ONLINE  -
> > root at test-server:~ # zpool import
> >    pool: storage
> >      id: 17039452293665227158
> >   state: ONLINE
> >  action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier.
> >  config:
> >
> >     storage         ONLINE
> >       mirror-0      ONLINE
> >         gpt/disk00  ONLINE
> >         gpt/disk01  ONLINE
> >       mirror-1      ONLINE
> >         gpt/disk02  ONLINE
> >         gpt/disk03  ONLINE
> >       mirror-2      ONLINE
> >         gpt/disk04  ONLINE
> >         gpt/disk05  ONLINE
> > root at test-server:~ #
> >
> > After importing the pool all is fine but after a reboot it needs to be
> > imported again.
> >
> > Did something change?
> > I observed this earlier on a HEAD which was 13 at that time (around
> > januari) but did not have the time to look at it. That was a baremetal
> > server also.
> >
> For the completeness, i have the following related settings in
> /boot/loader.conf.
>
> # ZFS
> zfs_load="YES"
>
> And in my /etc/rc.conf the following.
> # ZFS
> zfs_enable="YES"

I have a 12.2 system where I installed the OpenZFS port and switched over
to using that for my pools (boot pool has not been upgraded, storage pool
is using draid).

Boot pool is imported at boot time as per normal.

Storage pool doesn't get imported until it login and do it manually.

Played around with cache file settings to no avail.

Have a system I've upgraded to 13.0-RC1 that we're testing different pool
arrangements for the storage pool. Haven't rebooted it yet with the second
pool created so not sure if it's going to be imported automatically or not.

Cheers,
Freddie