Drastic slowdown for geli attach

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 05:34:25 UTC 2021

Sometime around the first week of this month (February) the time to do a
geli attach on my 13.0-ALPHA3 amd64 system sharply increased. It started
taking about 10 seconds. Prior to this, it took about 3-4 seconds. I have
not seen any issues with the disc after it attaches, I am simply concerned
that the longer time may be indicative of a deeper issue.

The system is a ThinkPad L15 with a CometLake i5-10210U and a Seagate
ST2000LM007-1R8174 2T HDD.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com