lots of "no such file or directory" errors in zfs filesystem

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 22 15:13:49 UTC 2021

On 22/02/2021 16:20, Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:36 AM Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org
> <mailto:avg at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 22/02/2021 09:31, Chris Anderson wrote:
>     > None of these files are especially important to me, however I was wondering
>     > if there would be any benefit to the community from trying to debug this
>     > issue further to understand what might be going wrong.
>
>     Yes.
>

> Could you offer any guidance about what kind of debugging information I could
> collect that would be of use?

You can start with picking a single file that demonstrates the problem.
Then,
ls -li the-file
zdb -dddd file's-filesystem file's-inode-number
The filesystem can be found out from df output, the inode number is in ls -li
output -- if the command prints anything at all.
If it does not, then do ls -lid on the file's directory and then zdb -dddd for
the directory's inode number.  In the output there should be the file name and
its number (I think that it's in hex, but not sure).

--
Andriy Gapon