13-stable default boot options problem

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Sun Feb 7 21:27:02 UTC 2021

On Feb 7, 2021, at 4:33 AM, Alex V. Petrov <alexvpetrov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still don't resolved my problem.
> How change default Cons=Serial  to Cons=Video?
>
> Screenshot: https://imgur.com/SNXUrZH.png
>
> My system:
> FreeBSD 13.0-STABLE #79 stable/13-n244485-6136a10e355: Sat Feb  6
> 22:05:30 +07 2021 amd64

It's not clear to me what problem you are having or attempting to solve.

The "5" option in the boot menu lets you cycle through the different console options (all four in total).  In my case, it has no effect because I set "comconsole" and "boot_multicons" explicitly in /boot/loader.conf (since a long time ago), and no matter what I select via the console loader, it is overridden by what is loaded from /boot/loader.conf during loading and booting the kernel.

Do you similarly have something in /boot/loader.conf that is overriding the console setting?

Cheers,

Paul.