Running FreeBSD on M.2 SSD

Matt Garber matt.garber at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:50:56 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:44 PM Mario Olofo <mario.olofo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete, in the logs there's nothing wrong, I only see the problem on zpool
> status after the first scrub, even if I just
> reinstall the FreeBSD and some basic packages (didn't even need a lot of
> files as I thought).

Mario,

Out of curiosity, how are you able to tell for sure you aren’t also
experiencing corruption under Linux or Windows on the same hardware? Have
you been able to run a ZFS scrub using ZFS on Linux?

Both default file systems, ext4 and NTFS, are completely unable of letting
you know if corruption has occurred — they’ll just corrupt silently — so
I’m wondering how you’ve ruled that out.

Thanks,
—
Matt