Mount command shows wrong information for nullfs mounts

Marko Turk markoml at markoturk.info
Sat May 18 13:42:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have the following nullfs mount:
/data/downloads on /usr/jails/dlna/mnt/data (nullfs, local, read-only)

For some reason, the mount command output shows this:
zroot/virtuals/bhyve/fbsd3 at change-volmode/data/downloads on /usr/jails/dlna/mnt/data (nullfs, local, read-only)

This happened for all nullfs mounts, not just this one.

It appeared yesterday, after 40 days of uptime. Before that the mount
was shown properly.

This extra prefix is probably from the zfs volume that I'd created just
before the issue started appearing:
zroot/virtuals/bhyve/fbsd3

The zfs volume is not related to /data/downloads mountpoint.

I haven't rebooted the system since, does anyone know how to debug this?

I'm running:
FreeBSD shkatula 11.2-STABLE FreeBSD 11.2-STABLE #7 r343828: Wed Feb  6 10:47:56 CET 2019 root at shkatula:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SHKATULA  amd64

BR/Marko