FreeBSD flood of 8 breakage announcements in 3 mins.

Bill Sorenson instructionset at gmail.com
Thu May 16 03:15:21 UTC 2019

> I’m not sure what you meant about Linux distros not categorizing fixes, though — with some notable exceptions, most of the big ones certainly tag security fixes >separately, which is what allows `unattended-upgrades` on Debian/Ubuntu based systems (and `yum-cron` on RHEL) to work so nicely automatically as scheduled on > *only* security errata, while leaving all other types of updates alone for admin intervention.

My comment about Linux was not in regards to any particular distro, they all
have interesting policies of varying effectiveness when it comes to release
engineering, but specifically about the Linux kernel team (Torvalds Et al,)
which last I checked had a policy of specifically not handling security issues
any different from any generic bug. Distros may do their own kernel release
engineering and handling that themselves which is fine.