Gmirror and bigger disks (growfs)

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Sat Jun 1 12:57:48 UTC 2019

01.06.2019 19:04, Nenhum_de_Nos wrotr:
> Hi,
>
> I replaced a faulty disk from a gmirror some time ago. The array had two
> 1TB disks and I got one 2TB disk there. Now I replaced the second one and
> tried to growfs it. No good for me.

First you need to resize the mirror itself with "gmirror resize" command.
Refer to gmirror(8) manual page for details.

Then you need to resize last slice or create new slice for available space.
If you prefer resize existing slice, use "gpart resize".

Only then you will be able to run growfs to utilise new space for file system inside the slice.