which port installed what other port

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Mon Jan 21 16:39:27 UTC 2019

On 21/01/19 17:26, tech-lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a command (or a port) I can use which, when fed an installed
> port name, can tell me what installed it?
>
> I don't mean libraries. I mean the actual port name.

Not sure what you're looking for anyway pkg has such functionality for
run time dependencies:

pkg info -d '*name*'

shows packages on which any package matching '*name*' depends.

You also have pkg info -r '*name*' which shows all packages requiring a
specific package.

This works only for run time dependencies (libraries and other), not for
build time dependencies, which are not registered in the pkg database.

Such information is not saved anywhere and is registered only in the
port Makefiles.

Check pkg-info(8) for further reference.

Hope this helps.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>