Any suggestions for a layer 3 load ablancer for 12, as relayd doesnt work anymore

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 14:43:58 UTC 2019

On 15/01/2019 10:24, Mark Blackman wrote:
>> On 14 Jan 2019, at 18:44, Dave Cottlehuber <dch at skunkwerks.at> wrote:
>> haproxy does proper failover and allows custom health checks either via
>> URL or real world traffic of external scripts. Traefik has lots of
>> container oriented features.
>> Dave
>
> There’s also the very venerable (hence reliable) HTTP proxy/load balancer, Apache Traffic Manager, https://trafficserver.apache.org

Thanks for the suggestions - unfortunately both of those (unless I
misread them) terminate the TCP connection and make a new one to
the backends. I was after something where I can see the original IP
address on the socket. Though I could put a procy in front and add
the headers I suppse, but thats a biut more work as it involves changing
the code.

Interested in the apache traffic manager - I hadnt come across that
one before, tahnks,

-pete.