php56

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Mon Jan 14 12:30:29 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 02:28:00AM +0900, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
>From: tech-lists <tech-lists at zyxst.net>
>Subject: php56
>Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 12:29:36 +0000
>
>> Is there a way of installing php56 and php56-extensions from ports or
>> packages now?
>>
>> I know it's EoL, but need it because I need to support a (non-ports)
>> program for the time being and said program will not work under php7*
>>
>> context is 11-stable/amd64
>>
>> thanks,
>
>svn checkout -r 488893 /usr/ports

Thanks very much for this. Although as posted it didn't work, it gave me
enough of a clue to fix my problem. For the benefit of anyone else with
a similar problem, what fixed it for me was

svnlite co https://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head -r 488749 /usr/ports

488893 got php56 but not php56-extensions. So I searched in the deleted
section on https://dev.freshports.org for php56-extensions, the entry
gave the last svn number which was less (488749) and this got everything
php56 I required.
--
J.