[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-19:05.kqueue

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Tue Feb 5 20:47:26 UTC 2019

06.02.2019 3:18, Ian Lepore wrote:

>> 2019, of course.  re@ does NOT make mistakes.  What you fail to
>> realize is that NIST was using kqueue to check their atomic clock, and
>> they lost the race.  Enjoy the rest of 2020.
>> -Alan
>>

> I think you meant that as a joke, but the reality is that NIST measures
> their atomic clocks using gear that runs FreeBSD (made by the company I
> work for). :)

I do not know if it is related or not: some months ago my FreeBSD 11.2-STABLE box
having GPS received attached at /dev/cuau0 for my local ntpd stratum 1 server
went to late of 2020 insanely. I was forced to comment GPS out of ntpd config to revive it
but I lost all data in hundreds of local RRD databases and
I found a race in libarchive being a reason why my backups had not most part of databases.

I still do not know exact reason and use Internet time source instead of local GPS.