Using drm-next in 11.2

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 10:29:59 UTC 2018

> Starting from the beginning:
>
> how the "drm.ko" is loaded ?

Thats a very good question! I am not loading it myself
explicitly anyhere, so my guess is that xorg is loading it.
On the machine right now (which I was using with X11 yesterday)
it only has drm2 loaded - again, I assume from starting X

> My experience (with the drm2 from base) is that drm.ko and drm2.ko must
> not be loaded at the same time.

OCuld it be that X is not recognising the amdgpu module
because I dont have the right driver, and is thus trying to
load up the old drm as it has a radeon driver ?

-pete.