Using drm-next in 11.2

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 08:50:02 UTC 2018

> can you post your dmesg output from when you've set
> kld_list="/boot/modules/amdgpu.ko"?  also, please verify that your user
> is in the "video" group.  but from what you've described it sounds like
> a conflict is popping up between the base amdgpu.ko and the one
> available in the ports tree.
>
> also, please ensure you are booting in "classic" BIOS mode and not UEFI,
> IIRC there are some issues surrounding amdgpu with UEFI - i don't have
> that hardware tho so can't elaborate.

Hi,thanks for the reply - am not in front of the machine today so I
cant really test unfortunately, but will get you the information
as soon as I can. The user is indeed in the 'video' group and
the machine is booting using normal BIOS not UEFI though, so all
things are "as the should be" regarding setup I think.

What drivers should I be using in Xorg for this by the way ? Thats
something I cant seem to find anywhere. 'amdgpu' sonds like the right
one possibly ?

-pete.