Using drm-next in 11.2

CL Moonriver clmoonriver at equinefiction.com
Tue Sep 11 17:01:52 UTC 2018

Well, I have one other suggestion, but this is just completely
guesswork on my part. However, I ran into a problem where the "amdgpu"
module did not work, though I can't remember the exact error messages I
got.

You mentioned you had the ATI driver installed in X. Given that, are
you sure amdgpu is the right module you need in kld_list? Are you
sure it's not radeonkms?

Again. that's what nailed me the first time. I DO have an AMD GPU (A10
series). But it uses Radeon R7 graphics. So despite the fact that my
GPU is build into the processor, I needed the radeonkms driver, not
the amdgpu driver.