SCSI and dmesg

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Nov 26 22:57:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 3:32 PM Maxim Sobolev <sobomax at sippysoft.com> wrote:

> Somebody needs to make collection/submission automatic and make a port out
> of it, so that it's as easy as pkg install dmesg_survey &&
> dmesg_survey_enabled="YES" in the /etc/rc.conf. JIMHO. I'd gladly make it a
> default on all dev boxes within our organization. Might also make a nice
> SoC project idea.

It's barely a weekend hack, since with the curl 1 liner 95% of what you
want is there.

This service isn't suitable, though, to have it in rc.conf, I don't think,
unless it's updated only when there's a material change...

And I'd rather we get more nuanced data than dmesg can provide if we were
to do the data collection. The admonition to submit to this site was one of
expedience...

Warner