Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 17:14:55 UTC 2018

On 26/11/2018 16:28, Eric van Gyzen wrote:
> My Ryzen has never run 11, but I have never seen a single problem on 12.
>   As you suggest, it's probably due to the particular hardware
> combination.  If updating the BIOS doesn't help, I agree that lowering
> the memory clock is the best next step.

I was going to say that I am on the latest BIOS, but then I noticed a
new one out on the 15th, so will patch that when I get back to the
office. Am working remotely a lot at the moment, so cant tweak much. I
ended up putting an IP controlld power supply under y dsk to I can hard
reboot it remotely if it locks up. Which works nicely, but would rather
it was stable :-)

Will see about downclocking the RAM too when I am physically in front of
it. Nice to see that someone has had no problems at all with 12 on this.
  did run some Epyc machines in the cloud under both 11 and 12 for a
time and never got those to lockup, so I know it not that Zen is
unstable in general. Just have had a few issues with this machine
spevificly.

-pete.