loss of network connectivity 12.0-RC1 / re0

Philip Homburg pch-fbsd-1 at u-1.phicoh.com
Wed Nov 21 10:41:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

Since installing one of the first betas of 12.0 and yesterday with RC1 I
notice network connectivity failures every now and then. I have to
see if I can find the time to find a reliable trigger.

11.2 is fine on the same hardware.

Yesterday it was during a run of poudriere that I lost access. Running
tcpdump on the console showed that the machine received packets but just
didn't respond.

A reboot solved the issue.

If I can find a way to trigger this issue, then I can try other hardware as
well.