pf best practices: in or out

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Mon Jun 25 07:19:36 UTC 2018

Thanks Jason,

So in essence, you'd just control everything on the 'pass in'. I'm
assuming all traffic originating from the local machine is still hitting
a pass in rule on some interface corresponding to the source IP address?

DNAT is working fine for me in pf, although I understand it is named rdr.

What is the use case for using pass out rules instead of pass in rules?

Cheers

Ari