Console is broken after updating to 11.2-RELEASE

Chris H bsd-lists at BSDforge.com
Fri Jun 22 20:42:24 UTC 2018

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 02:56:35 +0900 (JST) "Yasuhiro KIMURA" <yasu at utahime.org> said

> From: "Chris H" <bsd-lists at BSDforge.com>
> Subject: Re: Console is broken after updating to 11.2-RELEASE
> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 06:13:39 -0700
>
> > Try adding the following to your loader.conf(5) file
> > (/boot/loader.conf):
> >
> > # Load SysCons driver
> > kern.vty=sc
> > # noisy boot
> > boot_verbose="YES"
> >
> > Hope this helps!
>
> Thank you for information. I added above lines to /boot/loader.conf
> and rebooted system. Then all boot messages are displayed and console
> works fine!

WooHoo! :-)

I could make further observations based on *why* that worked. But several
are likely, and I don't have enough info on your hardware. But now that
you are no longer "blind". You should have little trouble sorting out the
cause.

--Chris