Does VirtualBox's vboxnetflt(4) work on stable/11 | 11.2?

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Sat Jun 16 19:42:12 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm observing some kind of congestion with virtualbox-ose-kmod-5.2.12 on
-current.

Frames from the guest make it through ng_ether(4), but frames coming
from ng_ether(4) seem to choke this direction.
Initially, the guest successfully can get a DHCP lease (both, v4 and v6)
and all DNS traffic is passed successfully, but as soon as the first TCP
transmission with some payload happens (jumbo frames, but quick test
showed that also 1514-frames choke the LAN->guest direction), not even
ARP replys reach the guest anymore. At least they are traversing
ng_ether(4).  So there's either a general netgraph(4) problem or
vboxnetflt(4) problem on -current.

To rule out a known vboxnetflt(4) limitation/failure, I'd like to know
if somebody successfully uses vboxnetflt(4) from
virtualbox-ose-kmod-5.2.12 on stable/11|11.2.

Thanks,

-harry