Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 17:10:21 UTC 2018

> The compile bug has been fixed for me.  However, last I checked I can
> still freeze a system by generating a lot of network traffic between VMs
> in either bhyve or virtbox.  Its been a while since I tested (couple of
> months) but I dont recall anything obviously committed that highlighted
> that issue.  Note this is on Epyc and Ryzen boxes

Yes, it was your iperf3 tests which enable me to freeze the system with
SMP enabled. With SMP disabled it works fine, however. have you tried
that at all ? The only other settings I ahve are the global C-states
and cool-n-quiet being disabled. I dont really care about either so
havent tested re-enabling them.

-pete.