Linux binaries stopped working on latest stable ? - Only on Ryzen/Epyc

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 10:58:07 UTC 2018

> Hmm, I gte a core dump trying to run any Linux binary at the moment (stable
> from Tuesday - r336665). I have remoed all packages and re-installed
> and running /compat/linux/bin/bash coredumps. Running ldd on it coredumps
> too, and gdb gets e nowhre.

I did a bit more testing on this. It only affects my Ryzen and Epyc
machines! I copied the OS from the box on my desk to an Intel chip
and it works fine there. Thats knd of upsetting! I did try applying the
sysctl settings that get enabled if Ryzen is detected, but that doesnt
make it crash on Intel.

Hmmm, will go follow this up in the Ryzen thread...

-pete.